Saturday, July 28, 2007

Museum of Natural of History

A few weeks ago, I went to the Museum of Natural History with the On Location class with Susan, to use up our one free class. I had never been there before, and I was blown away! We drew for hours, and it was an overall great time. I definitely need to go back to the museum, and also I would love to take the on location classes next session. Here are some of the drawings I did.

elephants
I was obsessed with the elephants. At one point, Jeff made Susan and I lie down on the benches right next to them to look up from a different perspective, and it was just so incredible how big they really are.

skeletons


that's a big turtle
I found a huge skeleton of a sea turtle that was hanging up and drew it from below. The skeleton just looked so interesting!

spider crab
I never knew crabs like this existed. And the shadow it cast was just amazing.


walrus

1 comment:

Jen Yu said...

i like how you included the silhouette of the person there! :] great stuff!